The great thing about FIFA 17 revealing its ratings is that the casual football fan is alerted to lesser known players on the world scene.
While the fleet-footed Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi fail to make the cut, this list of speedsters still includes some global stars. Ronaldo’s Real Madrid team-mate, Gareth Bale (94) gets in, as does Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling (93 ) and Arsenal’s marauding right-back, Hector Bellerin (95). The list is then sprinkled with players that are far from being household names.
Jonás Aguirre (94) of Argentinean side Rosario Central gets a place on the list alongside HJK Helsinki striker, Nnamdi Oduamadi (94). World football connoisseurs may sniff at the notion that these players are 'new', but their presence on the list certainly opens them up to a whole new audience and potential fanbase.
One of the biggest surprise appearances amongst this pacy lot is Ryo Miyaichi (94). The ex-Gunner spent his career on loan at various clubs without ever making an impact, but the journeyman life doesn't seem to have affected his legs and he can be found sprinting past opponents in German second tier side, FC St. Pauli.
Players like Miyaichi, and more on this list, offer low value and lightning pace to make them an attractive prospect in FUT. Let’s take a look at the full rundown...
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (ST, Borussia Dortmund: 96)
2. Mathis Bolly (RM, Greuther Fürth: 96)
3. Jonathan Biabiany (RW, Inter Milan: 95)
4. Héctor Bellerín (RB, Arsenal: 95)
5. Jürgen Damm (RM, Tigres UANL: 95)
6. Ernest Asante (RM, FC Nordsjælland: 95)
7. Gareth Bale (RW, Real Madrid: 94)
8. Héctor Villalba (RM, Tijuana: 94)
9. Jefferson Cuero (LM, Monarcas Morelia: 94)
10. Ryo Miyaichi (RM, FC St Pauli: 94)
11. Nnamdi Oduamadi (LW, HJK Helsinki: 94)
12. Kekuta Manneh (LM, Vancouver Whitecaps: 94)
13. Jonás Aguirre (LM, Rosario Central: 94)
14. Lucas (RW, Paris Saint Germain: 93 )
15. Raheem Sterling (LM, Manchester City: 93 )
16. Jordi Alba (LB, Barcelona: 93 )
17. Bruma (LW, Galatasaray: 93 )
18. Kingsley Coman (LW, Bayern Munich: 93 )
19. Ahmed Musa (ST, Leicester City: 93 )
20. Fabián Castillo (LM, Trabzonspor: 93 )